Figure 1. Microvec TOMO-PIV example showing Spiral vortex breakdown on delta wing
MicroVec has implemented a new software module to add TOMO-PIV module to its PIV software lineup.
- Automatic recording images to hard disk or to Buffer Memory
- Volumetric calibration algorithm
- Particle images enhancement technique
- Sliding background elimination
- Particle density compensation
- Geometric reconstruction technique
- Multiplicative Algebraic Reconstruction Techniques (MART)
- Sparse MART and intensity enhanced MART
- Spatial Filter MART
- Convolution MART
- Volumetric cross-correlation with window deformation algorithm and multi-pass iterations
- Outlier detection and correction
- Velocity post-process technique
- Multi-CPU parallel computing
- GPU acceleration
- Results supported by Tecplot
The experiment was conducted in a water channel. 4 cameras were used at 200fps with an 8W DPSS laser in a water tank (see picture above).
Pictures courtesy of Dr. Qi Gao, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics.