VisionAsia Technology and Beijing Microvec, developers of analytical systems used in fluid mechanics, have released new version of MicroVec Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) software to support Windows 8 operating system. The New MicroVec V3.5.1 is the first PIV package to support Windows 8. Combined with the latest 64-bit Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) acceleration technology enables MicroVec system dramatic increase in computing performance.
The new MicroVec V3.5.1 software incudes following improvements:
- Uses latest Windows 8 based CUDA parallel computing technology from NVIDIA, which added GPU acceleration of a broader set of popular algorithms, such as those used in computational fluid dynamics applications.
- Applies innovative real-time acquisition calculation techniques. High-speed parallel GPU computing capabilities allow calculation of PIV data during the image acquisition process. As a result when the acquisition of images is finished, the real-time PIV data calculation is also completed, greatly reducing the PIV data processing workload.
- New PIV data integration solutions: automatic identification of data files associated with the image files, synchronous storage; simultaneous simplified data structure, all of which greatly improves and facilitates the processing efficiency of PIV system data.
- New 64-bit support for Windows 8 system hardware drivers include: PIV camera drivers, graphics card drivers, high-precision synchronous drivers and GPU hardware drivers
- Added flexibility in hardware and software configurations.
The changes effectively assure that the entire system is running faster, more stable and reliable.
Beijing MicroVec (www.piv.com.cn) is a designer of technologically superior, high-quality PIV systems applying most innovative and newest algorithms and solutions. Microvec has been granted 8 patents and inventions the field of PIV. It has delivered systems to over 130 customers, including many universities, research institutes and several large corporate customers. MicroVec PIV systems have also been used by successful Chinese space program (CARDC) including Shenzhou spacecraft and Tiangong space station. Multiple scientific papers have been published with results based on MicroVec systems, including extreme applications such as: 1000m/s ultrasonic flow, combustion field of gasoline, large models of more than 2 meter or small field of view as low as 200μm.
VisionAsia (www.piv.com.sg) is a Singapore based provider of imaging technology solutions and as an international partner of Microvec, bringing Microvec fluid mechanics measurement technology to the global market.